Strength and Determination

Strength and Determination
They're the reason I do what I do!!

Welcome to Melva's Corner

Good Day All:

After many months of debating back and forth I decided I would invite you into my world. I LOVE interacting with people and now that I have moved away from my loved ones to reside in Las Vegas, Nevada, I needed an outlet to keep me focused and on track.

Please enjoy the topics and most importantly let me know what you think!!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Where is D.S.S when you need them?

It is the saddest thing ever to watch elementary school age children forced to walk to and from school without adult supervision. I totally get the whole notion that parents have to work to support their family, but who is responsible for the children, who are home alone and must get themselves ready? The kids i'm referencing are on or about 7 & 8 years old.

Do you really believe these children are responsible enough to handle this task? My answer would be NO, everyday I watch these children cross the streets, without looking, riding their bikes or scooters without any concern for the cars or other children. Where is the Department of Social Services when you need them? Sure there are crossing guards but they are only certain sections of the streets. The state of Nevada is killing me with what is considered priority.....

No comments:

Post a Comment