Strength and Determination

Strength and Determination
They're the reason I do what I do!!

Welcome to Melva's Corner

Good Day All:

After many months of debating back and forth I decided I would invite you into my world. I LOVE interacting with people and now that I have moved away from my loved ones to reside in Las Vegas, Nevada, I needed an outlet to keep me focused and on track.

Please enjoy the topics and most importantly let me know what you think!!

Monday, June 7, 2010

when did I get cankles...

So I decided I wanted to walk on the hottest day thus far in Las Vegas 110 degrees and boy did I quickly realize that a fat girl and the heat do not make for a good situation.

Ever since my children left I decided I would walk to seek relief from some of this stress and while attempting to have some quality time alone would loose a little bit of this swollen stuff that encapsulates my bones, some may refer to the swollen stuff as fat.

Once I got out bed late in the day I took a cool shower drank plenty of water and then put a water bottle in the freezer so that I could take it with me on my walk. I go back upstairs to prepare mentally for this walk, because on this day I had planned to walk a total of 6.4 miles.

Now I am ready to go on this walk. I go to put my ankle weights on only to realize that because my ANKLES are morbidly obese commonly referred to as CANKLES I am unable to wrap the freaking’ weight around my ankle and because I am determined to use these weights I wrap them around my arms. Frustrated with my cankles I lose sight of everything else. I am preparing to leave, I am getting my IPod together and my coach front pack I place everything into and prepare to leave. I am half into this walk before I realize I have left my water bottle, damn, but I am not going back because I thought I was hydrated enough to make it to my destination and thought I would purchase some water at the store.

As I am walking, there is a breeze so I think nothing of it and continue to walk. I take off the weights and then wrap them around my front pack after walking a few blocks (since there really isn’t that many paved sidewalks in my path I am going refer to those blocks as sand corners, because my hands are starting to get real heavy.

I am still hanging in there walking with a goal in mind except the heat from the sun reflecting on my body was not on the same page. I started talking to myself over the reggae music that was blaring through my earplugs. I had to stop immediately; I was a fat girl roasting in the desert heat. I could see my arms getting darker, shit I was being cooked. I had to stop 30 minutes into the walk (1.3 miles). I called the guy that resides in my house and asked him to come get me. Upon my arrival home I turn on the television only to learn that there is an excessive heat warning in effect at 4:32p, what the hell, no wonder I was literally cooking.

I don’t understand how my fatness is going to make it in Vegas. If I walk out in this triple digit weather it is guaranteed that I at some point the desert animals will be able to feast on my remains. I guess for this summer I am going to have be content with all the swollen stuff that encapsulates my bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment